Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Bodily Malfunctions

Potty training boot camp started in earnest this morning and is off to an inauspicious start. As you may remember, I started early with Lyle last week and he did okay (floor: 3, potty: 4) but then he had an outing to the zoo planned with his babysitter followed by a few days of, um, stomach distress, and there was no way we were potty training with that going on.

I'm off work now until next Monday, so we're doing it right now. (I do love the way I spend my time off from work - it never fails to be super glamorous.)

Our first experience this morning was too gruesome to describe. Suffice it to say, I actually threw out his favorite Elmo soccer underwear.

My saving grace is that Matt has just walked into the Apple store on Michigan Ave. after waiting in a relatively short line, and has two tickets in hand for iPhones.

(Yes, we're doing it. We decided yesterday that it was better to just get 'em than to keep talking about it and have Matt so insanely distracted.)

Given that, I am sure I can withstand any bodily malfunctions today. But wish me luck anyway.

No comments: