Saturday, March 22, 2008

Toto, We're Not in San Francisco Anymore...

This is what we woke up to today. In, say, December I'd have said it was lovely. Today? Nah.


Although Baxter's feeling better, he's still coughing pretty horribly on a regular basis and is on a lot of asthma medications. None of us slept well last night, thanks to that cough. This afternoon, Lyle spiked a fever of at least 102 (he refused to continue with the thermometer), which when added to his own cough, makes us pretty sure he's got the flu as well. We have officially canceled all Easter plans for the kids tomorrow, but I still have to go to church because we had been asked to speak to the congregation as part of the Stewardship Campaign (i.e., why we give money to the church). Also I'm leading Children's Worship tomorrow, so I have to be there. A little strange, going to church by myself on Easter Sunday, but I'll just strap on my spring bonnet snow pants and get over it.

On the bright side, our neighbors made this fantastic Easter Snowbunny in our front yard today - pretty cute, huh?


When we moved here, it was summertime. I found people to be almost ridiculously happy about the sunshine and everything related to the season. This year, I totally get it.

Have a great Easter, everyone!

3 comments:

Niksmom said...

Awww...I hope everyone is feeling better soon! I can empathize...Nik passed it on to me. :-o

Love the snow bunny! Happy Easter...spring IS coming!

CC said...

I just found your blog! Hurray! Another blogging SLP!! Come check me out! :) :)

Lori at Spinning Yellow said...

It flurried here this morning, but no real snow like you. Wow, you really got a lot this year. I hope you all feel better soon. I remember making an Easter bunny snowman one year when I was a kid. Happy Easter!