Thursday, February 7, 2008

Winter Photos

I was "supposed to" go to the gym today while Lyle was at nursery school. And yet when I left the house this morning, the neighborhood looked so magical. All I could think was, "I need my camera."

And so, when drop-off took a long time (had to get him into his snow pants so that they could go outside and play in the snow first thing!) and then I couldn't find parking anywhere near the gym, I did what I really wanted to do anyway, and headed back home for my camera. Sometimes aesthetics supersedes athletics.

Here is a photo set
of my photography walk this morning. All of these photos were taken on the stretch of my block between my house and Lake Michigan, and then down on the beach.

9 comments:

kristen spina said...

Okay. Now I know what happened to all the snow.

(By the way, the photos: gorgeous!)

Niksmom said...

Jealous...a little bit anyway. It was 73 here yesterday and is supposed to be in the 20's tonight! My poor roses are destroyed by this freakish weatehr we're having!

I love the pics of the lake and the beach. The beach in winter is one of my favorite things.

Anonymous said...

Great photos, all right - and great excuse-making! I'm with Niksmom re. the beach photos: those were my favorites, too. (Not that the snowy trees weren't good, it's just that I saw that scene today on the way to work!)

Lori at Spinning Yellow said...

Beautiful. I miss the snow.

Anonymous said...

so beautiful! we've had only rain and more rain the last few days.

Leightongirl said...

I remember loving the way snow looked on tree limbs, and icy limbs too. These were breathtaking. Thank you! Now if only I could get my Hawaii-born husband to move back east.

Drama Mama said...

Tartine.

That's all I can say.

That's all I have.

Jordan said...

Lucky for you, Tartine says a lot.

Meet you there week after next.

Anonymous said...

Drama Mama -- enough with the Tartine already! Some of us are going to be home next week, Tartine-free and hating it. Your comment here just made me remember that I had a dream last night about Tartine, and I never dream about food. Jordan better bring back an almond roll in her carry-on.