Friday, October 19, 2007

Gee, Where'd He Learn Those Lines?

Lyle (whining excessively): "Mommy, will you go downstairs with me to find my Ramone car?"

Me: "Well, I'm making dinner right now. Why don't you ask Baxter?"

Lyle (still whining excessively): "Baxter, will you please go downstairs with me to find my Ramone car? I'm too scared to go by myself."

Baxter (not looking up from his book): "Well - maybe, Lyle. But only if you can ask me without whining."

Lyle (immediately changing his tone): "I will, Baxter, I will ask you without whining! Will you come downstairs with me to find my Ramone car?"

Baxter (still not looking at him): "Maybe. If you look all over the upstairs first and can't find him. But, really, I'm busy reading right now."


If only that worked for me.

4 comments:

Christopher Tassava said...

Older siblings make excellent parents, we're finding.

kristen spina said...

Very very good. I love these guys!

Jordan said...

Me, too, Kristen. Me, too.

Niksmom said...

Priceless. :-)